We were so blessed with an adorable little girl on August 4th. Much to my relief, labor and delivery went well. She weighed 7 lbs and 5 oz and was 20.5 inches long. She is definitely smaller than Brynlee was even in her features like hands and feet. Otherwise, I think she looks a lot like Brynlee did. All I know is I have dang cute girls! :)

We were so glad to have Gramie and Natalie here! I don't know what we would have done without them! We miss them so much!
Brynlee has really done well overall having a new sister. I think she is a little more attention seeking, but she really has been good. She is great help getting diapers, wipes, and whatever else she can reach. She loves Ellie. She has been so cute lately playing with dolls more than ever.
Jordan and I had a really difficult time naming her. I was really set on Daphne until after we had her and Jordan didn't think she looked like a Daphne and worried she'd be made fun of with such a name. His pick was Eliza which I struggled to like. After going back to the baby name apps on his phone we couldn't come up with anything. I finally decided I could do Eliza and would just call her Ellie or Lizzie. He liked Ellie so we went with that. It was such a quick and somewhat desperate decision that I am still getting used to her name since it wasn't one we ever discussed prior. Her middle name is Louise after Jordan's mom. We know she smothered her with kisses before she got here.
She has come a long way in just a week with lots of happy awake and alert time. I think she just keeps getting cuter!
Yesterday I realized we hadn't taken a single picture of all of us together. After many many failed attempts, we got one! We are excited to be a family of four.

















7 comments:
She is very pretty! Good job guys! Brynlee and her do look alike, yet different. It's going to be fun to watch them grow together. I can't wait to meet her. It stinks we are so far and I can't just walk over any more. Take care gu.s!
Congrats! We love you guys!
Congratulations Laura! Cute girls =)
You do have cute girls! Congrats on the new addition! She's a doll!
Thanks for all the pics! We miss you guys so much, and wish I could snuggle little Ellie! She does look a lot like Brynlee! I love the pic of her smiling in her sleep! So cute! Love you guys!
Congrats Day family!!! She is beautiful!!! *HUGS*
You do have dang cute girls! She really is beautiful! Congratulations! And you look great yourself! I'm glad you have 2 girls, so they can date my 2 boys! xoxo
Post a Comment