Friday, July 29, 2011

Anticipation!

I officially have an induction scheduled for next Wednesday night at midnight (I guess that's technically Thursday morning).  I've had several people ask me if I'm ready.  The truth is I really don't know!  I think I have forgotten the whole newborn/nursing/diapers/up in the middle of the night routine.  It's also weird since it's another baby girl so we have pretty much what we need in the way of clothes and blankets and all the big stuff so there's not much to prepare. 

I'm definitely a little nervous.  I've seen a million births and clearly have even done it once myself, but there was a lot of security in knowing that there was a neonatologist and a whole team of awesome NICU nurses that I knew and trusted only a quick flight of stairs away last time.  I really am confident that its going to be okay (much more so than when we first moved here).  We are still uncertain on a name.  Hopefully it reveals itself when we see her. I'm so grateful my mom and sister are coming and Brynlee is certainly thrilled and excited asking every day if today is the day.  This has really been a good pregnancy and I have to say I'll probably even miss it a little....and I'm really not looking forward to trying to get back into shape.

Jordan is stilling working a lot.  The docs here aren't always the nicest, but I sure appreciate his willingness and ability to just keep going without whining or complaining (maybe that's because I do enough of it for both of us).  He is getting awesome experience in the OR and plenty of experience in the ER as well as clinic.  We thoroughly enjoyed his first week without call last week.  The sound of that silly pager is dreaded around here.  I am so grateful for his hard work and desire to provide for our family.  He's an awesome podiatrist and a great dad.

 Brynlee just gets more fun all of the time.  She scares me sometimes how she uses my words against me.  She is still singing like crazy!  The last couple of days have been "Row Row Your Boat" over and over and over.  She also reads her books to herself frequently and it cracks me up what she says.  She will be a great big sister and a little mother...though I'm afraid it will be more like a smother.  It is so fun that there are several little girls her age in the ward here.  We are so grateful for new friends!  (We finally did manage to hide the snow boots :)


We were able to go to the Missouri History Museum and to Fitz Resturant in St Louis with my Aunt Connie, cousin Kellie, and her kids a couple weeks back.  The history museum is another fabulously free activity.  They do weekly activities for kids and we happened to be there for Mr. Saxophone.  Brynlee loved it and had a great time with cousins.  It is so fun to have some family close by!  We wish were were able to get up there more often.  In fact, I'm really craving a trip to the mall today.  I'm trying to decide if it's worth the money to spend on gas to go spend more money shopping.  It's actually why the blog is being updated today....its a distraction from temptation!!!  Curse these stores for sending me emails reminding me that there is something besides Walmart out there.



We are also excited that we have plane tickets for a trip to Colorado to see Rachelle come home and see Luke off on his mission.  We are hoping to bless this baby that weekend as well.  We hope to see some of you then!  Of course, you are always welcome to come see us too!!!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Yay for induction date! You might feel overwhelmed at first with a new baby and soon to be 3 year old, but you will get into the swing of things soon. You're a good mom. It'll feel so natural to you, like you've always had two. :) That will be fun to go to CO and see Rachelle again, and send Luke off. So exciting! Good luck next week girl! Miss you guys.

ShaRee said...

Great pics. Miss you guys like crazy! Can't wait for the baby!!!