JORDAN PASSED BOARDS!!! Hooray, that is my very happy news for the day!
We are currently living in South Jordan, Utah. We are expecting a little girl in August! I just had my ultrasound last week and she was facing my back perfectly enough that the ultrasound tech had a hard time getting and good profile pics or I'd post one. The best one I can find that's not scary looking is this cute little foot. It was wonderful to see that she seems to be healthy and all is ok. Brynlee is so excited for a sister and we think two girls sounds like too much fun!
Unfortunately, Jordan didn't 'match' for a residency so we are praying that something comes available. There is a shortage for his class and there's potential we may have to wait a year and try again. All of your prayers are greatly appreciated! We are eager to know where we will be living in only a couple of months but we are learning a great lesson in faith and patience. We've been blessed in so many ways and we really have no reason to complain. We're confident it will work out just the way it's supposed to. We have missed living close to Gramie and Papa and Aunt Nat, but Brynlee has had so much fun getting to know cousins better and Jordan and I have loved being close to his family. I have especially enjoyed having all my great sisters in law close by. They are fabulous!
Brynlee has been doing gymnastics with some of her cousins and loves it. We both look forward to Tuesday mornings! I should have been taking pictures and I will repent! She has been potty trained (completely!) for a few weeks now. It was a challege to get it all the way done, but she did it! We are thrilled! She is getting so grown up and amazes us by what she says. I have to be ever so careful what I say because she is such a sponge and has a bit of an attitude. She loves dresses (but they must flare out when she spins) and dancing. She changes her outfits at least 4 times a day and we must have music playing continuously. I have taken pictures since I got here, but apparently I stole Natalie's camera cord and left mine. Bummer.
Brynlee and I got to take a trip to Colorado a few weeks ago and Brynlee enjoyed seeing Aliyah and we got to meet her new cousin Joshua. He's a cutie pie! It was good to catch up with Jason and Andrea and spend sometime with Gramie and Papa and Natalie.
Christmas was so fun with Brynlee. Most of the 'pictures' we took were actually video and I'm not patient enough to upload them. She still asks if she can have things for Christmas. It was fun for her to take part in a nativity with my family and our family friends.
She enjoyed making/eating Christmas cookies! I learned that there is no such thing as too many sprinkles!
On November 21, Jordan's mom passed away from the effects of metastisized breast cancer. Because we knew it was coming, we were able to go out a visit a few times before her death. We are grateful for those moments and the time we were able to enjoy her on this earth. She was a remarkable woman and wonderful mother. The more time passes, the more we realize how much she did for us individually and for the family as a whole. We miss her terribly and are so grateful for the gospel and especially the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that assures us that we can be with her forever. We actually left Brynlee home in Colorado for the funeral so she enjoyed Thanksgiving without us. It was our first trip away from her and we really did miss her!



















4 comments:
Laura it is so good to see this blog and I'm so happy that Jordan passed boards! Tell him congrats from both Eric and I! What a relief! I know everything will work out for you guys with residency- you are both amazing people. I am still saying prayers for you several times a day! Will call you soon,
Marianne
Thanks for the update! Glad Jordan passed the boards! I hope things will work out with finding a placement soon--I'll keep you guys in my prayers!
Good update Laura :) I agree we need to take pictures of gymnastics!! :) Praying for you daily to find a residency. So glad you are close for a while, it's been great!
Congrats, Jordan! We are continually praying that things work out for a residency now. We are also so excited for this little girl to come. Glad you and she are both doing well. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment