Thursday, January 20, 2011

Halloween w/Grandma Day

We were able to visit Utah several times in the fall.  Unfortunately, the circumstances of our visits were unfortunate.  Jordan's sweet Grandma Durfey passed away on September 21 and we went out that weekend for her funeral.  We miss her, her loving hugs and kisses, and her good advice.  She was so kind to me from the day I met her.  I always felt accepted and loved as one of her granddaughters.  I forgot my camera for the event, but it was a very nice funeral with so much posterity that love and miss her. We especially miss her now that we live in Utah.  We wish we could stop by the house and say hi.

Halloween was extra special for us this year.  With Jordan's mother's health declining it was decided that we would have a pseudo-Christmas that weekend.  It was good for us to be able to come out and spend some quality time with her.  She was weak and tired but still able visit and we enjoyed her company for one of the last times.  Jordan's parents had planned to give each granddaughter a doll for their 10th birthday. Knowing that she wouldn't be here for all of their 10th birthdays, each granddaughter was given a doll and each grandson a hunting knife.
It was fun to have the whole family together and enjoy each other.

 Brynlee sported a hand-me-down ladybug costume which was slightly too small, but I think she was awfully cute.
 The Day Halloween crowd! (At least the costumed ones)
Brynlee's doll was special because it is Glenda from Wicked.  Brynlee loves the Wicked songs and sang and danced to them for Grandma.

 Brynlee and cousin Sage

We appreciated all of the good advice and the special spirit that was there over the weekend.  We miss you Mom!

1 comment:

ShaRee said...

Yeah, an update! :) It's seems overwhelming to update when you have so much to catch up on, but I'm glad you did. I especially loved Brynlee's birthday pics. She's so stinkin cute!