Friday, April 15, 2011

Missouri

Thanks for all of your prayers!  Jordan was offered a position in Missouri for a 3 year residency and he took it.  We will be in a small town called Farmington for the first year and then St. Louis for years two and three.  We're excited for a new adventure.  I have to confess though...I've enjoyed Utah more than I'd ever thought I would.  We've never lived separate from, but close to family until now and it's really nice!  We will surely miss it!  My cousin Kellie and her family live in the St. Louis area and we are excited to have some family close there as well.  I have also enjoyed having temples so easily accessible here in Utah.  Excited St. Louis has one!
I don't know a whole lot else about St. Louis (except for the arch), but we really enjoyed the midwest during our three years in Des Moines.  It will be nice we can continue on with Jordan's training without waiting a year.  We are in the hunt for renters again for our townhome in Ankeny.  We have lots of lookers so we're hopeful we'll be able to seal a deal soon.  We have awesome neighbors/friends that are managing and showing the house for us.  They're terrific!





We got to go to the circus a while back with Jordan's sister, Shawna and her family.  Finally have pictures available to post :).  We're missing Landon in these pics, darn it!  Too bad we can't get a normal face out of Brynlee either!  We are also headed out with them soon on a short mini vacation to hopefully a little warmer weather a little further south.  I'm afraid they might be sick of us and ready to ship us to Missouri early! 

Jordan and I were able to enjoy the Sunday morning session of conference at the Conference Center.  I loved conference (as usual).  I especially loved Elder Christofferson's talk on adversity.  I think that we could relate to Elder Brown's feelings as a cut back currant bush over the nearly 3 weeks we were looking for a residency.  So grateful for a loving Gardner who knows what's best for us.  Check out the talk here.

We actually had a residency prior to conference, but the talk definitely meant a lot to us.  Prior to that, we receive a lot of comfort from reading Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Continue in Patience."  Here's the shortened version in a video:

Not much else is new for us.  Brynlee's excited to get to be a big sister and I'm getting fat.  Jordan's busy with clinic and enjoying the last few weeks of his 20's! 

4 comments:

~Jessica~ said...

Great post!! I'm so glad things have turned out.. MO is close to Iowa... just where you belong!! How are you feeling? Keep in touch... and thanks for the comment! :-)

Kellie said...

We're so excited you're coming!!!

The Munks said...

Thanks for posting that small portion of Elder Uchtdorf's talk. I really needed to hear that today. Hope everything is going great for you guys:D

Jen said...

I'm glad Jordan got a residency and you know where you're headed now! Good luck with the move and the pregnancy! And keep blogging--I love reading about you and your family!