I have to start by saying how much I love General Conference! I have been looking forward to this one perhaps more than I usually do and it has exceeded my expectations in being a spiritual uplift and a great reminder of what is really important. It baffles me how wonderful and perfect the gospel is and how much peace and happiness come from abiding by the teachings of Jesus Christ.
It is so weird to me that Brynlee is three. I can't believe how quick the time has gone! It's interesting to me though how often I have to remind myself that she's only three. That is because she can be a real stinker... :)she amazes me with her vocabulary and how quickly she learns things. She will often play with kids at the playground near our house and they will think she is older because of the conversation she has with them. Then she'll do something really three year oldish and they look at us funny. We have to tell them that, yep, she's three!
She was sad that a few of her friends are going to preschool and she wanted to go "so bad!" We got her a little workbook and have been doing some little lessons at home. She loves it. She would do it all day if she could. It's funny looking back how surprised I've been when she has hit milestones throughout her life, like the first time she smiled, or when she started playing peek-a-boo with me, and now I'm still surprised when she picks up a pencil how well she can trace letters and how she tells me scripture stories we taught her weeks ago in family home evening.
She is awfully cute though and frequently talks about her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins by name and says how much she misses them. We do wish we lived closer, but are grateful for good friends here. For Bryn's birthday we had cake and ice cream with our friends the Allreds and the Bassetts. We played at the park afterward and the girls had a great time.
So, I was pretty darn excited about this cake! I really haven't attempted any kind of fancy cake before. I consider myself lucky if I have a plain cake without crumbs in the frosting. My awesome sister-in-law talked me into trying marshmallow fondant and it was so fun. My friend Katie helped me put it together (and take care of my neglected children) and steady-handed foot and ankle surgeon, Dr. Allred, was the one to write her name on the cake. I'm excited to do it again!
I have this amazing cousin, Kellie, that lives about an hour north of us. We love her family! Their son Ethan had a birthday the day after Brynlee and they were so nice to have us up for dinner and to celebrate birthdays. They were way too good to us and particularly Brynlee. It was fun to hang out with them and her husband, Casey's, family.
We also were able to go to an apple orchard in IL with Katie, Lainey, and the cute twiners. It was actually Lainey's preschool fieldtrip, but we were happy to tag a long and escape town for a day.
We also went to the Homecoming parade which Brynlee thought was the best thing ever. I think this is the first parade she's been to that she could be a real active candy snatcher. She could be heard screaming, "Wahoo" over and over.
Ellie
Ellie is busy growing like a weed. I can't believe that she is almost two months old. That time has really flown. She is a sweet baby and occasionally gives me long stretches of sleep in the night which I so appreciate. It is fun to watch her become more and more aware of herself and her surroundings. She reminds me a lot of how Brynlee was in temperment.
She gave me a sweet birthday present by giving me the first great big ear to ear smile. She has been smiling more and more since then and figuring out how to hold up that heavy head for short periods of time. I'm looking forward to finding out how much she weighs...I not sure how she compares to Bryn that way, but I'm pretty sure those cheeks are unique to her.
I think Brynlee and Ellie still look pretty similar at this point. The one in the brown is Brynlee.
We are blessing her next weekend during the sacrament meeting Rachelle reports her mission and Luke speaks prior to his leaving on his mission. It will be a fun family gathering. We so appreciate those of Jordan's family that are sacrificing to be there for the blessing. Can't wait to see everyone!













1 comment:
Aww these girls are so sweet! I miss you guys so much. I have started doing school with Libby too and it would just be so much more fun if we could do it with the girls together. It's good to see that you guys are enjoying things in Missouri.
Post a Comment