Monday, August 16, 2010

Minneapolis

Brynlee and I just returned from Minneapolis where we visited Jordan.  It was good to feel like a family again and we were able to do some fun things!  I really enjoyed the area!  I wouldn't mind living there if that's where Jordan gets his residency. 

Jordan cracked me up from the get go.  On our way home from the airport he suddenly yells, "Bunion!" looking at some lady walking down the street.  At the mall he commented on a group of ladies good choice in footwear and was disgusted by the fact that a baby with club feet were not casted.  There's more too...much more!  I'm glad he enjoys feet and I'm confident he'll make an awesome podiatrist!

MALL OF AMERICA
All I can say is that its huge...bigger than I anticipated.  We spent a full day there.  It was fun to pretend we could afford to shop.  Jordan humored me as we dress shopped in Bloomingdales and dreamed in Burberry and other stores.  We did pick up a few things and enjoyed the lack of sales tax!

Besides shopping...we did some playing too.  We visited Lego Land, rode the carousel and ferris wheel, and visted the aquarium.


LAND OF 10,000 LAKES
We certainly didn't visit them all...but it really is cool how they are everywhere!  I guess I didn't realize that the Mississippi River runs right through as well.  We enjoyed walking around Lake Harriett and visiting Minnehaha Falls.
ST. PAUL TEMPLE

I was very surprised how small the temple was!  It is right next to a stake center and I really think the stake center was bigger.  It shares parking with the building as well.  Still very beautiful!

COMO ZOO & CONSERVATORY

I love it!  It might even be my favorite thing we did.  It was such a beautiful place and a good size.  The best part was that it was free!  They suggest a $2 dollar donation per adult but even that is almost free.  It was such a nice day (especially for midwestern weather) and Brynlee loved seeing the animals.

Awesome butterfly exhibit
MILL CITY

We visited an the old industrial milling side of Minneapolis last Saturday.  It was fun to see the old buildings and walked the farmer's market as well.
Jordan's marijuana discovery...he's still always looking at plants.
St Anthony Falls on the Mississippi.  It used to be natural and much prettier.
SCULPTURE GARDEN
It was so nice of this couple to let us stay in their home.  We only know them through a family connection and they were completely sweet to loan their home to strangers while they are away. Brynlee loved playing in their toy room and in their yard.  It was perfect for us and we're so grateful!

Sorry for the extremely long post!  Hope all is well for all of you!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh so fun, I'm glad you guys could hang out together for a little while. I think I'm going to make sure my feet are always completely covered around Jordan from here on out! And for heavens sake jordan, don't get caught finding peep's weed! They'll straight up kill you!

ShaRee said...

How fun! I love long posts! :) Glad you were able to spend some good, quality time together! I agree with Jamie's comment too! haha

The Clarks said...

Wow that was a mega-post!! Thanks for commenting on our blog. I have a link now to your blog from ours. So sorry I spelled Brynlee's name wrong for about a decade!!! I went back and fixed all my old posts. We really miss you guys!!! Love, Macie

Jen said...

How fun! So glad you got some family time! My aunt and uncle live in Minneapolis--but I haven't been there in probably 15 years--looks like lots to do!