Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Feeling "Wicked"

Jordan and I finally got our 5 year anniversary date a couple of weeks ago. My good friend from when I was in high school and his wife, Clay and Natalie, came from KC to see Wicked with us. My camera has been out of juice so forgive me that there aren't many pictures to this post. Bummer. I absolutely loved Wicked! I would see it again any day.(I believe that this is an official Wicked logo (Though it might be surprising, I didn't create it!)....I couldn't find a copyright to it, but just in case see http://www.wickedthemusical.com/)


Jordan was released from his calling in Cub Scouts this last week. He enjoyed this calling and is a little disappointed based on the timing of his release (there was a "small" amount of drama prior), but I think that it will be a great relief to him. He is still staying very busy with school and has found out his basic schedule for his clerkships (4th year clinical rotations) for next year. He will be in Minnesota for two months, Michigan for a month, Washington for a month, and Utah for four months. He will likely have at least one extra month in Utah and hopefully one in Colorado, though they have not been set up yet. We are excited for school to be done, but aren't looking forward to trying to sell our house or being apart while Jordan travels.


My life has been the same. Brynlee, work, and YW. Brynlee, of course, is just getting more fun. Just can't help loving her to pieces.

I do love the babies at work and my YW too. The YW just had their YW in Excellence two weeks ago which was so fun. Their theme was "Project Walk Tall," a fashion show displaying what they have learned over the last few months about modesty/fashion, body language, hair, etc. Here's a cute pic of most of my girls from the night....
We hope all is well with the rest of you. We just bought plane tickets for our December vacations tonight! We look forward to seeing some of you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you cherish family values and want to follow our church leaders counsel, please do not promote the play wicked. The story was written by a gay rights activist and it is used as a vehicle to promote gay rights. The premise is that society shouldn't label something as wicked, just because it is different. In the novel, Elphaba is bisexual and has feelings for Glinda. I bought the book in anticipation of seeing the play with some RS sisters. I threw the book away. It was pure trash. I promise you the author didn't take a pornographic novel and turn it into a g rated play. when I saw it, it was obvious to me how they are using this play to subtlely deceive even the very elect. I promise you the creative forces behind this play are evil. Just listen to the lyrics and you can recognize the message if you realize it is there.