Monday, April 27, 2009

7 Month Update

I spend a good amount of time complaining about Iowa winter scenery (or lack thereof) and missing the mountains. But much to my excitment, the part of Iowa I love best is appearing! It is getting so green! We've had lots of rain and its warming up. I do enjoy Spring in Iowa. Brynlee is getting bigger and learning so much. She's a little sponge and is picking up on new things. Her latest achievements are waving, giving "five," and she's slowing getting to be a good clapper. She also has been pulling herself up to her feet on whatever she can. It is leading to a few more "bonks" on the head, but she doesn't seem to mind. Her crawl is more and more on her hands and knees unless she wants to get somewhere in a hurry, then she reverts back to her army crawl. She is quick!



We had her 7 month "weight check" today since she is so little. She weighed 14 lbs 11 oz which is up a pound and 5 ounces from a month ago. The doctor seemed satisfied enough. She's just a petite little thing.




I'll have to post pictures later, but the other excting things that have been going on are that Jordan has pretty much made it through his 2nd year of podiatry school. They had a "Rite of Passage" ceremony a couple of weeks ago to commemorate this achievement. His classes will now be more clinical based. I think he's pretty excited about that. He has worked so hard. I'm really proud of him. It was also his 28th birthday the other day. Time sure does fly. He's getting old. We didn't get to celebrate much since I was in the middle of working 3 in a row, but hopefully tomorrow we'll do something fun. I also got released and recalled to YW's. I love working with the girls in our ward so I am excitied about the call.

1 comment:

The Winkel Family said...

Those pictures are just priceless of Brynlee in the red dress. She sure is growing fast. I am glad she is gaining the weight so you don't have to keep taking her in to the doctor's often. Congratulations to Jordan! How exciting for him. I am glad that you were kept in YWs. Have fun with those girls.