Ellie is 8 months old and growing and growing. She is getting around much faster than I would like. I am in the "sweeping is essential" stage because she makes such as mess and because whatever I don't sweep, she eats. She was to the doctor a few weeks ago and is down to the 5th percentile for weight (14.5 lbs). I guess I shouldn't be surprised as this is how Brynlee was too. She is pulling herself up to standing on things and loves to follow Brynlee around the apartment. She is still doing an army type crawl when she wants to get anywhere quickly. She loves to eat and now has two teeth! She started out pretty picky but is getting to where she'll eat anything. She especially loves bananas and frozen yogurt. She has found her tongue and loves to stick it out! She and Brynlee LOVE the song "Trouble" by Lenka. She gets so excited when we turn it on and especially loves to watch Bryn dance to it.
Brynlee loves going to the park and for walks outside. We caught some polywogs and a crawdad a week or so ago and she loves them. We haven't killed them yet :). She is getting better at writing her letters, but she is especially getting to be a good reader. We bought the second set of "Bob Books" (for kindergarten and first grade) yesterday and I was blown away at how she can read them by herself. She really loves to read. She also has the first 9 Articles of Faith memorized. I especially love to hear her recite the big words in them. She loves being a Sunbeam!
We went to St. Louis yesterday apartment/home shopping. It was a bit of a let down as prices up there are ridiculous. We are hoping for a bit of a miracle that something ideal will come up. Here's some pictures of us over the last few months:
Love that these girls play together!
I love the open mouth in the previous three pictures! It's her classic camera face.
We got to go to Pickle Springs here a few weeks ago. It was a fun hike in a really pretty area. We thought it was awesome that Brynlee hiked the whole two miles by herself.
Our girls love water! We've been swimming a couple of times at the local civic center. They have a big, high slide that curves around. Brynlee loves it! Jordan would catch her at the bottom when she would come FLYING out. Pretty hilarious to watch!
Otherwise, it is life as usual around here. Hope you all are doing well!









2 comments:
It's so good to see some pictures of your cute family. The girls are so adorable. I hope that you are able to find a reasonable place to live. :)
So stinkin cute! It just makes me miss you guys even more! Brynlee is so smart! You are such a great mom to be so on top of teaching her to read and the AofF! We need to skype again so we can see more of Ellie! Miss and love you guys!!!
Post a Comment